Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So, I'm not making any promises, however I've been considering ways to make my show more accessible, while at the same time being more organized about all the music I'm learning about and listening to. Of course, by posting set lists and comments, I run the risk of you finding out I'm not nearly as smart as you thought, or learning my secrets...like that one song I just can't help but play at least 3 weeks out of 4.

Despite any misgivings, I'm going out on a limb. I'm taking the plunge. So here are the details:

Sweet Mazurka airs on WCSB, Cleveland State University's independent, student-run radio station, on Tuesdays from 11am to 12:30pm Eastern time. If you're in the Cleveland/Cuyahoga County area, you can tune in to 89.3 FM. You can also stream from our web site: www.wcsb.org

WCSB has a mission of providing alternative programming to our community, which has expanded in recent years to include much of the globe. We have a great wealth of diverse programmers, and I recommend tuning in whenever possible.

Sweet Mazurka was initially conceived as a way of comparing music from various parts of the world, with the philosophy that in similarity we can relate better to others. In practice, the result is somewhat less lofty...a great tour of world music, nonetheless, as well as an opportunity to spotlight some of my favorite artists from a variety of genre categories. I have fun with it, and I hope others do as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home